Monday 11 March 2013

Risk Management Exam - Formula

In the exam there was not too much requirement for learning the formula, however it is useful to know the following formula to ensure that you have them on hand for the exam.

With the PMP exam, I practiced making a brain dump several times, so that the first thing I did when I sat down to take the exam was to brain dump my formula on to a sheet of paper.  This way, I could quickly reference the formula with ease.  I followed the same pattern for the Risk Management Exam.


Risk = Probability * Impact
Probability = Chance / Likelihood
Mean = Average
Std Dev = SqRoot(Sum of data – Mean / No)sqd
Earned Value Management = x% change of y profit   eg:  0.35 * 1000 = EVM
3 point estimate = (Best + 4 Likely + Worst) / 6

CV = Cost Variance = EV - AC
SV = Schedule Variance = EV - PV
CPI = Cost Performance Ind = EV / AC .... >1 spending less <1 overspend
SPI – Schedule Performance Ind = EV / PV .... >1 good <1 bad

EAC = Estimate at Completion = BAC / CPI
Note:  There are three calculations for this - But this is the simple one.

ETC = Estimate to Completion = EAC - AC
BAC = Budget at Completion

Paerto = 80 /20 -> 80% occurrences from 20% of causes

These are the only formula I required for the Risk Management Exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment